WEST Wood Trailers in Naas, Co Kildare have built their way up to become one of Ireland’s leading horsebox and agricultural retailers. It was first established in 1958 by Samuel Cole who made the first trailer with an all- timber chassis and timber frame. When neighbours and friends saw the trailer, they asked Cole if he would sell the trailer to them. This sparked an interest and he began to make trailers for resale.
Between 1960 and 1966, the timber chassis was replaced with an all-steel chassis and frame, finished with timber sheeting. Over this period, new models were developed including a single beast livestock trailer.