THE George Mernagh Memorial Fund Ltd (‘GMMF’) announced the recipients of this year’s bursaries, to a total value of €60,000.
This initiative was unveiled earlier this year to offer support specifically to the junior and pony class riders, and it is intended that the 12 bursaries awarded will assist the winners as they continue to achieve their goals in the sport of eventing.
Director of GMMF, Roger Casey, commented: “On behalf of the GMMF, we would like to congratulate all the winners of the 2022 bursaries. These bursaries honour George’s unique legacy and aim to support youth participation in Irish equestrian sports and the education and development of Irish riders to the highest possible standards. We wish the winners well and details of the 2023 bursaries will be confirmed in the coming months.”
1. €7,500: Georgina Pettit / Ballyerk Black Beauty
2. €5,000: Molly O’Connor / Coolnaleen Rebel
3. €2,500: Gearoid Bolger / Whitethorn Honeys Rock
1. €7,500: Matthew Kelly / Ah To Be Sure
2. €5,000: Julia Adams / Milchem Ardeo
3. €2,500: Anna Corrine White / Kilcoltrim Dora
1. €7,500: Alex O’Hare / Greylands Diamond Girl
2. €5,000: Oscar O’Connor / Belaero
3. €2,500: Lauren Dempsey / Bandit Of Coilltedubh
1. €7,500: Rachael Broome / Natures Blossom
2. €5,000: Abby Cummiskey / Crackerjack VIII
3. €2,500: Jasper Kelly / Rathcline Moonlight Girl