FOUR mares in foal to Galileo head an catalogue for Goffs November Breeding Stock Sale which is now available online. The two-day sale features a world class selection of 555 broodmares and fillies that will be offered on Thursday 23rd and Friday November 24th 2017. This year’s new sale format will see the Breeding Stock Sale take place between Parts 1 and 2 of the Foal Sale.
Superb drafts from some of world’s most renowned stud farms are strongly represented including Castlebridge, Godolphin, Aga Khan Studs, Moyglare, Kiltinan Castle, Redmondstown Stud, Derrinstown Stud and Tinnakill House to name but a few, while the catalogue also features a select group of beautifully bred mares from Ballymacoll Stud, led by the dam of Melbourne Cup and Champion Australian stayer Fiorente.
Galileo heads up an impressive profile of covering sires, alongside Sea The Stars, Dark Angel, Kodiac, Siyouni, Acclamation, Australia, Lope De Vega, Le Havre, Iffraaj and many more, while sires with first season coverings include The Gurkha, Pride Of Dubai, The Last Lion, New Bay, Awtaad as well as dual Derby winner Harzand whose dam was previously purchased at the November Breeding Stock Sale for €480,000.
The following are just some of the highlights buyers can expect from this year’s catalogue:
• Lot 869, Ghaidaa. Listed placed mare out of Group 1 winning mare Midway Lady and half to Champion 3YO Eswarah. In foal to Teofilo
• 873, Miss Mariduff. Dam of Group 2 winner Porsenna and multiple listed winner Basileus. In foal to Dark Angel.
• 887, Flowers of Spring. Group 3 winning mare. In foal to Awtaad.
• 903, Aliyfa. Dam of listed winner Alveena. Out of listed winning mare Aliya. In foal to Siyouni.
• 905, Ebalista. Dam of Group 2 winner Ebiyza and out of Champion Filly Ebadiyla. In foal to Siyouni.
• 906, Elbasana. Dam of Group 3 winner Edelmire. Out of multiple listed winning mare and winning producer, Ebaziya. In foal to Gleneagles.
• 913, Ponty Acclaim. Group 3 winning mare, from the family of Group 3 winner Bishops Court and multiple listed winner Astonished. In foal to Pride Of Dubai.
• 914, Convocate. Winner at three and dam of young, promising offspring. Out of multiple listed winning mare Private Line. In foal to Galileo.
• 916, Vociferous Marina. Listed winning three0year-old filly half to listed placed Focus On Venice
• 917, Dawn Of A New Era. Three-year-old filly, sister to Group 2 winner Herlad The Dawen and Champion two-year-old Dawn Approach.
• 920, Macrame. From the family of Group 1 winners Media Puzzle and Refuse To Bend. Covered by Oasis Dream and Kingman.
• 926, Olympienne. Offered as part of the Ballymacoll Dispersal. Dam of Group 3 winners Patkai and Modun. Sister to Islington, Greek Dance and New Morning. In foal to Alhebayeb.
• 927, Desert Bloom. Offered as part of the Ballymacoll Dispersal. Dam of Champions Australian stayer, Fiorente and granddam of listed winner and Group 1 placed Tom Melbourne. In foal to Teofilo.
• 934, Paramita. Own sister to Group 3 winner Faufiler and out of Champion two-year-old Six Perfections. In foal to Zoffany
• 937, Exceed My Budget. Out of listed placed mare Best Side and half-sister to Group 3 winner Azmeel. In foal to Sea The Stars
• 962, Chantilly Pearl. Winner at 2 and dam of listed winner Montataire. In foal to Acclamation.
• 964, Martina Franca. Out of Group 1 winning mare Teggiano. In foal to Acclamation
Commenting on the launch of the Breeding Stock catalogue, Goffs Chief Executive Henry Beeby said:
“Ireland is home to many of the most sought-after bloodlines and we look forward to welcoming visitors from around the world to Goffs in November for this selection of the best Irish breeding stock headed by a quartet in foal to the iconic Galileo.
Together with a truly outstanding collection of foals, the strength and depth throughout this year’s Breeding Stock catalogue suggests that Goffs November Sale is an unmissable international event for buyers.