Sign in to your account
Forgot / Reset Password? Click here
Not registered with The Irish Field? Register now to read 5 Field+ articles for FREE
Just one final step...
You must confirm your email address by clicking on the link we’ve sent to your email address.
You are only one short step away from reading 5 free Field+ articles.
Arc more likely for Order Of St George
Register now to read five Field + articles
for free per month.
Only takes a second!
Already registered with The Irish Field? Sign in
By registering an account you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
Farming Classifieds
Arc more likely for Order Of St George
on 13 September 2017
Aidan O'Brien expects the Irish St Leger winner to head next to Chantilly

Aidan O'Brien said it is "more likely" Order Of St George will run in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe rather than the Emirates Melbourne Cup.

The grand five-year-old stayer won the Irish St Leger for a second time at the Curragh on Sunday and is now in the frame to contest the big race at Chantilly, in which he finished third last year, on October 1st.

Sunday's impressive Irish St Leger winner will have to shoulder 58kg (9st 2lb) on in the Melbourne Cup on November 7th, with the legendary Makybe Diva the only horse able to defy such a weight in the last 40 years.

O'Brien told the Herald Sun: "We haven't decided yet between the Arc and the Melbourne Cup for Order Of St George but it's probably more likely that he will go for the Arc."

Related tags
Classifieds
Get full unlimited access to our content and archive.
Subscribe to The Irish Field
Unlimited access to The Irish Field via your computer, mobile device, tablet or newspaper delivered to your door.
Already a subscriber? Sign in