The Irish Field, Fairyhouse Racecourse and commentator Jerry Hannon have teamed up to produce the Virtual BoyleSports Irish Grand National 2020. The ‘race’ will be broadcast at 5pm on Easter Monday (April 13th) and all funds raised will go to feedtheheroes.com
HOW TO PLAY
GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU FOR TAKING PART!
RUNNERS & RIDERS FOR THE VIRTUAL BOYLESPORTS IRISH GRAND NATIONAL 2020
1. DELTA WORK (Jack Kennedy) 11-10
Not only has he top weight but his jockey has a broken leg!
2. TIGER ROLL (Davy Russell) 11-8
What a star but surely tired after running at virtual Aintree a week ago.
3. REAL STEEL (Patrick Mullins) 11-6
Real short on stamina. Only chance he has of staying trip is if he joins in at halfway.
4. BELLSHILL (David Mullins) 11-1
Willie Mullins has requested all hi-vis jackets to be banned after 2018 episode.
5. BLACK CORTON (Bryony Frost) 11-0
If this pair win, the Racing Post will be back for a special edition tomorrow: “Come out ye Blackie fans”
6. ALPHA DES OBEAUX (Rob James) 10-12
‘Alph’ never misses one of these chases but his Obeaux has been out of tune lately.
7. ANIBALE FLY (Darragh O'Keeffe) 10-12
The ultimate cliff horse. Hasn't actually won a race since the last pandemic.
8. JETT (Robbie Power) 10-12
This Jett is no aeroplane but at least his pilot knows the way around.
9. MAGIC OF LIGHT (Paddy Kennedy) 10-12
Like her trainer, a classy filly who does well in all kinds of races.
10. THE STORYTELLER (Jamie Codd) 10-12
Could be another big story for the Coddfather. Second at Cheltenham and has been self-isolating ever since.
11. TOTAL RECALL (Danny Mullins) 10-12
Named after that bore who always goes on about that time he backed the National winner.
12. ACAPELLA BOURGEOIS (Rachael Blackmore) 10-10
Sulks if he doesn't get his own way. The Donald Trump of Irish racing.
13. BURROWS SAINT (Paul Townend) 10-10
Cocky French chaser and last year's winner. Rumoured to have already booked the Lord Bagenal for the celebration.
14. VOIX DU REVE (Mikey Fogarty) 10-10
Don't worry, Mikey. The virtual ambulance is expecting you.
15. JURY DUTY (Sean Flanagan) 10-8
Hasn't been the same since his USA trip. Said to have fever and coughing. Just saying.
16. SNOW FALCON (Eoin Walsh) 10-8
Been on the razz since Listowel win. Might bounce back now that pubs are shut.
17. OK CORRAL (Barry Geraghty) 10-7
English horses are supposed to be banned but this lad qualified on parentage rule. Sneaky.
18. RAVENHILL (Denis O'Regan) 10-7
"Cheltenham? Me? No guard, that was a different Ravenhill. This is the first time I've been outside the door."
19. TOUT EST PERMIS (Donagh Meyler) 10-7
Translates as 'everything is allowed', so should be popular with Tyrone football fans.
20. ANY SECOND NOW (Mark Walsh) 10-6
Trainer & jockey not related. Ted could talk for Ireland. Mark wouldn't talk if tortured.
21. TALKISCHEAP (Tom Cannon) 10-6
Cannon fodder. All talk and no trousers this season.
22. BATTLEOVERDOYEN (Conor McNamara) 10-5
Was flying up to Christmas. Went on New Year bender and lost his mojo.
23. DEATH DUTY (Gavin Brouder) 10-4
Great white hope before injury struck. Returned to circuit this season but fans losing faith
24. DISCORAMA (Bryan Cooper) 10-4
Plodder who is always late to the party. Like your Da going on TikTok.
25. KIMBERLITE CANDY (Richie McLernon) 10-4
Candy is dandy, especially at Easter. Sweet as a nut.
26. SHATTERED LOVE (Mark Enright) 10-4
Like Taylor Swift and Harry Styles, she won't stay.
27. SUB LIEUTENANT (Hugh Morgan) 10-4
Sub Lieutenant has been sub-par for a while now.
28. CHEF DES OBEAUX (Katie O'Farrell) 10-3
More letters than numbers in his form. This chef's goose is cooked.
29. MILAN NATIVE (J.J. Slevin) 10-3
Who let a native of Milan into the country at a time like this?
30. EDWULF (Oakley Brown) 10-2
Veteran who thinks he can still teach the young ones. Racing's Rod Stewart.