HORSE Sport Ireland proudly sponsored the three-year-old all Ireland Championship in Bannow & Rathangan Show yesterday. Some 25 Irish Sport Horses took part in the prestigious final including seven Traditional Irish-bred horses. These horses qualified at 17 different agricultural shows nationwide earlier in the year.
The winning horse Bullseye (ISH) is By Orestus (KWPN) out of Cruise Oak (ISH) by Cruising (ISH). This horse was bred by Michael J. Horgan, owned by John Tyner and exhibited by Aidan Williamson. This 2015 gelding is a half-brother to CHF Krooze, an eight-year-old Irish Sport Horse mare who is currently competing successfully on the national circuit with Peter Smyth and recently came second in Mullingar international 1.30m class.
Reserve Champion went to MHS Morning Master (ISH) gelding by Quidam Junior I (KWPN) out of MHS Cavaliers Daughter (ISH) by Cavalier Royale. This gelding is bred and owned by Sinead Brennan and exhibited by Brian Murphy.
Michael Hughes, Secretary of the Irish Shows Association, said: "This was an excellent competition, well organised in a fantastic setting. I am very impressed with the quality of horse competing. I am most impressed with the crowd of spectators that have come to view this particular class."
Alison Corbally, Director of Breeding and Programmes in Horse Sport Ireland, said: "We are delighted to be here again sponsoring this three-year-old championship in Bannow Rathangan show. I am extremely impressed with the standard of horse qualifying for this three-year-old final. Each year this competition goes from strength to strength and the level of entries in the qualifying classes become more competitive. It is great to see such a large number of spectators coming out to support this class and support the breeders and producers of young horses in Ireland. We wish the prize winners the very best of luck on the road to Dublin."
Elizabeth Freeman, organiser and secretary of Bannow Rathangan Show, said: "The All Ireland was a spectacular event. The standard was amazing and a big thank you to all the exhibitors who competed. A huge thank you to Horse Sport Ireland, Galway Crystal and Belleek China who have continued to support the show with their sponsorship over the years and we look forward to continuing our association with them for many more years. A big thanks to the Irish Shows Association for their input and continued support. Our Judge John Chugg from the UK did a great job and Susan Finnerty was an excelent MC. We are so grateful to everyone for making the All Ireland and our show a fantastic success and finally huge Congratulations to the winner John Tyner with his beautiful horse Bulleye (ISH) and the best of luck with him for the future."
1. Bullseye (ISH) gelding by Orestus (KWPN) out of Cruise Oak (ISH) by Cruising (ISH) bred by Michael J. Hogan, owned by John Tyner and exhibited by Aidan Williamson.
2. MHS Morning Master (ISH) gelding by Quidam Junior I (KWPN) out of MHS Cavaliers Daughter (ISH) by Cavalier Royale (HOLST), bred and owned by Sinead Brennan exhibited by Brian Murphy
3. 17 Bloomfield Manuscript (ISH) gelding by Financial Reward [IRE] (TB) out of Bloomfield Lucy Locket (ISH) by Olympic Lux (KWPN), bred and exhibited by Daphne Tierney
4. Last Orders (TIH) (ISH) gelding by Dilshaan [GB] (TB) out of Ghareebs Porter (ISH) by Porter Rhodes [USA] (TB) bred by J J Bowe, exhibited by Desmond Gibson
5. Munthers Bash (ISH) gelding by Munther [IRE] (TB) out of Brookfield Miss Lux (ISH) by Lux Z (HANN) bred, owned and exhibited by Kieran O'Gorman
6. Mardi Gras (ISH) gelding by Jack Of Diamonds (SWB) out of Go Brath (ISH) by Cruising (ISH) bred, owned and exhibited by Claire McDonnell