HAPPY Foaling is based near Gaillac, France and has conceived, made and sold classic foaling belt-style alarms for over 20 years. This traditional foaling alarm followed a simple principle – during foaling the mare will lie down completely on her flank, triggering the alarm via a transmitter on the roller/girth. Despite customer satisfaction this system, it did have the drawback of sometimes sending out false alarms.
From this, the chief of research and development with Happy Foaling worked alongside clients to find a system which would be 100% effective, never give a false alarm and be smaller and more comfortable for the mare than other magnet-style vaginal systems which are currently available.
This led to the design and development of Smart Foaler – the smallest, lightest, longest-lasting and most economical foaling system on the market anywhere in the world. The transmitters are stitched to the vulva by a veterinary surgeon or qualified individual and send a signal to an 18cm touch-screen tablet which triggers an alarm and also sends an SMS to one or more programmed phone numbers.
The basic kit includes two transmitters, the receiver tablet and SMS sender and is available for €1,499 ex VAT. Additional transmitters are €199 each.
The receiver tablet operates to a range of up to 200 metres from the transmitters, ideal for foaling units. For paddock monitoring, we can also supply one and five kilometre signal boosters along with night vision camera systems.
11 reasons to switch to Smart Foaler
- The smallest and lightest foaling alarm in the world – only two grams.
- No need to replace the vulval transmitter after X amount of foalings. Simply change the small battery yourself at home.
- Easy to install on the mare, by manager or veterinary surgeon.
- 100% reliable at detecting foaling.
- Even in areas of poor coverage, the alarm can be transmitted (via landline or mobile).
- Sends an alarm call or SMS text message.
- Long distance reception from transmitter (up to 5km in open spaces).
- First vulval installation fees reimbursed (if installed by a veterinary surgeon).
- Secure system. A unique code for each user/farm.
- After sales support service available 24/7 during foaling season.
- A personalised follow-up service, always ready to listen and respond to clients needs.
Please free to contact Eric on +33 6 15 41 76 66 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your individual requirements.
French speakers can contact Yvon on +33 6 27 24 19 48 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and answering your questions.