Gowran Park names new manager
THE Board of Gowran Park Golf Club in Co. Kilkenny has announced the appointment of Edward Scally (pictured) to the position of General Manager. He succeeds Margaret Fogarty in this position.
Scally (32) is coming to Gowran Park with a background in hospitality management, having worked in a number of 3 and 4 star hotels in Ireland over the last decade. For the last six years he has worked with the Carlton Hotel Group and most recently was General Manager at The Carlton Mill Race Hotel in Bunclody, Co. Wexford.
A native of Athlone, Co. Westmeath, Scally is manager of the Duffry Rovers Senior GAA Football Team in Wexford, holders of several All Ireland titles.
Gowran Park stages 16 National Hunt and flat meetings per year including the Thyestes Handicap Chase in January. The track also has a mature, 71 par parkland golf course.
Scally will be charged with building on the already high standards offered at Gowran Park to racing fans and golfers alike. It is also hoped to grow on the top class wedding and conferencing facilities.
Joe Connolly, Chairman of Gowran Park, said: "We are delighted to welcome Edward Scally to the position of General Manager. Gowran Park Golf Club and Racecourse is preparing for the economic recovery and intends to be the venue of choice for racing and golfing fans locally, nationally and indeed internationally. I believe Edward, with his energy, expertise and vision, is the man for the job and wish him well in the position."
Edward Scally, General Manager of Gowran Park grade 1 Horsecourse and Golf Club, said: “I am very excited to be coming to Gowran Park and to help build on what is already a great offering for racing and golf fans. I look forward to working with the board and the entire team to position Gowran Park as the premier racing and golfing venue in Ireland, and to marketing it as an ideal venue for conferences. I am looking forward to the challenges ahead and I believe the outlook for Gowran Park is very bright.”
Other related articles:
- Derby and Oaks latest fields 17-May-2013
- In Saturday's paper (May 18th) In Saturday's paper 17-May-2013
- In Saturday's paper (May 11th) In Saturday's paper 10-May-2013
- In Saturday's paper (May 4th) In Saturday's paper 03-May-2013
- BHA's Al Zarooni verdict reasons On Tuesday the 30-April-2013
- In Saturday's paper (April 26th) In Saturday's paper 26-April-2013
- Eight-year ban for Godolphin trainer Godolphin trainer 26-April-2013
- Al Zarooni to face charges on Thursday Godolphin trainer 24-April-2013
- Turf Club statement on JT McNamara The Turf Club issued the 22-April-2013
- Injured jockeys fundraiser at Punchestown The Jockeys Emergency 19-April-2013