150k for top lot at Goffs
A top price of €150,000 and a clearance rate of 88% were the highlights of the opening day of the Goffs Land Rover Sale on Wednesday.
The sales topper purchased by Gordon Elliot Racing was the Oscar half brother to Grade 1 Champion Bumper placed Shirley Casper and graded performer Oligarch Society.
The property of Bill O’Gorman and Anne Doyle and consigned by Galbertstown Stud, the gelding matched the record top price for the Land Rover Sale. Underbidder on the three year old was trainer Anthony Honeyball.
Kevin Ross went to €87,000 to secure a Flemensfirth own brother to two bumper winners from Norman Williamson’s Oak Tree Farm, while other notable purchases on Tuesday included a Milan gelding from the family of Black Jack Ketchum and Fota Island who was knocked down to Conor O’Dwyer Racing for €60,000 and an Old Vic brother to Irish Grand National winner Hear The Echo. He was sold by The Cedars Stables for €56,000 to Mouse Morris who enjoyed Grade 1 success at Punchestown this year with Goffs graduate China Rock.
The sale continues at 10am tomorrow, Thursday, June 14th.
Read all the results, statistics and Ryan McElligott's report in The Irish Field on Saturday. Online from 10.30pm Friday
Other related articles:
- Fourth Grade 1 win for Jezki Jezki (by Milan) notched 01-December-2013
- Grade 1 for Sholokhov son Don Cossack Don Cossack (by 01-December-2013
- New Grade 1 winner for Oscar The Tullow Tank (by 01-December-2013
- Easy Grade 3 win for Analifet Analifet (by Califet) 01-December-2013
- Hennessy victory for Triolo D'Alene Triolo D'Alene (by 30-November-2013
- Seventh graded win for Celestial Halo Celestial Halo (by 30-November-2013
- Grade 1 win for My Tent Or Yours My Tent Or Yours (by 30-November-2013
- New blacktype winner for Old Vic As I Am (by Old Vic) won 30-November-2013
- 1-2 for Deep Impact in Gr1 Japan Cup Gentildonna (by Deep 24-November-2013
- Fourth Grade 1 win for Cue Card Cue Card (by King's 23-November-2013