150k for top lot at Goffs
A top price of €150,000 and a clearance rate of 88% were the highlights of the opening day of the Goffs Land Rover Sale on Wednesday.
The sales topper purchased by Gordon Elliot Racing was the Oscar half brother to Grade 1 Champion Bumper placed Shirley Casper and graded performer Oligarch Society.
The property of Bill O’Gorman and Anne Doyle and consigned by Galbertstown Stud, the gelding matched the record top price for the Land Rover Sale. Underbidder on the three year old was trainer Anthony Honeyball.
Kevin Ross went to €87,000 to secure a Flemensfirth own brother to two bumper winners from Norman Williamson’s Oak Tree Farm, while other notable purchases on Tuesday included a Milan gelding from the family of Black Jack Ketchum and Fota Island who was knocked down to Conor O’Dwyer Racing for €60,000 and an Old Vic brother to Irish Grand National winner Hear The Echo. He was sold by The Cedars Stables for €56,000 to Mouse Morris who enjoyed Grade 1 success at Punchestown this year with Goffs graduate China Rock.
The sale continues at 10am tomorrow, Thursday, June 14th.
Read all the results, statistics and Ryan McElligott's report in The Irish Field on Saturday. Online from 10.30pm Friday
Other related articles:
- Group 3 for Selkirk filly Tested Listed scorer Tested (by 28-August-2014
- New stakes winner for Moss Vale Izzthatright (by Moss 25-August-2014
- More pattern success for Ansgar Ansgar (by Celtic 24-August-2014
- Gleneagles now a Group 2 winner Gleneagles (by Galileo), 24-August-2014
- 2yo Gr2 winner for Rock Of Gibraltar Raydara (by Rock Of 24-August-2014
- Group 1 winner for Manduro Ribbons (by Manduro) 24-August-2014
- New pattern winner for Duke Of Marmalade Hall Of Mirrors (by Duke 24-August-2014
- Group 1 winner for Starspangledbanner The Wow Signal (by 24-August-2014
- First Grade 1 winner for English Channel Lane's End Farm 23-August-2014
- Blacktype double for Azamour The late Gilltown Stud 23-August-2014