150k for top lot at Goffs
A top price of €150,000 and a clearance rate of 88% were the highlights of the opening day of the Goffs Land Rover Sale on Wednesday.
The sales topper purchased by Gordon Elliot Racing was the Oscar half brother to Grade 1 Champion Bumper placed Shirley Casper and graded performer Oligarch Society.
The property of Bill O’Gorman and Anne Doyle and consigned by Galbertstown Stud, the gelding matched the record top price for the Land Rover Sale. Underbidder on the three year old was trainer Anthony Honeyball.
Kevin Ross went to €87,000 to secure a Flemensfirth own brother to two bumper winners from Norman Williamson’s Oak Tree Farm, while other notable purchases on Tuesday included a Milan gelding from the family of Black Jack Ketchum and Fota Island who was knocked down to Conor O’Dwyer Racing for €60,000 and an Old Vic brother to Irish Grand National winner Hear The Echo. He was sold by The Cedars Stables for €56,000 to Mouse Morris who enjoyed Grade 1 success at Punchestown this year with Goffs graduate China Rock.
The sale continues at 10am tomorrow, Thursday, June 14th.
Read all the results, statistics and Ryan McElligott's report in The Irish Field on Saturday. Online from 10.30pm Friday
Other related articles:
- Gr2 for Holy Roman Emperor filly Mango Diva (by Holy 20-July-2014
- Third pattern success for Parish Hall Parish Hall (by Teofilo) 20-July-2014
- Group 2 win for Western Hymn Western Hymn (by High 20-July-2014
- Another Group 2 for Kool Kompany Kool Kompany (by Jeremy) 20-July-2014
- Bracelet wins Gr1 Darley Irish Oaks Bracelet (by Montjeu) 19-July-2014
- Second Gr3 winner for Rip Van Winkle Dick Whittington (by Rip 19-July-2014
- New stakes winner for Teofilo Amralah (by Teofilo) won 19-July-2014
- Listed scorer for Haafhd Noble Protector (by 19-July-2014
- Another stakes winner for Fastnet Rock Palace (by Fastnet Rock) 14-July-2014
- New Group 1 winner for Invincible Spirit Dual pattern scorer 14-July-2014