Five places confirmed for London
An eventing team of at least three riders and two individual show jumping riders will represent Ireland at the London Olympics following confirmation of the allocation of places yesterday by the FEI.
These eventers and show jumpers will join Ireland's para equestrian team which secured a place at the Paralympic Games for the first time in January, bringing the total equestrian representation in London to at least nine riders.
Although Ireland's two show jumpers will compete as individuals, the three eventing riders will compete as a team in the team competition. In addition, Ireland has secured the second reserve position in dressage, along with the first and third positions on the reserve list for eventing.
This gives Ireland a chance of increasing its representation in eventing up to the maximum of five riders if any of the 75 qualifiers are unable to compete at the games.
A full list of the qualified nations is available below
Other related articles:
- In the March 8th edition In the Irish Horse World 07-March-2014
- Splaine names team for Florida IRISH Show Jumping 27-February-2014
- In the February 22nd edition 21-February-2014
- Breen just denied in Hong Kong IRISH 21-February-2014
- Lansdowne and Swail eighth in world 21-February-2014
- Ballindenisk granted Nations Cup THE FEI has awarded a 20-February-2014
- In this week's paper (February 15th) 14-February-2014
- Pre-entry system for Studbook Series THE Irish Sport Horse 14-February-2014
- Dunphy appointed to dressage role WITH the European Pony 14-February-2014
- Hanley and Clark claim top awards International equestrian 12-February-2014