Five places confirmed for London
An eventing team of at least three riders and two individual show jumping riders will represent Ireland at the London Olympics following confirmation of the allocation of places yesterday by the FEI.
These eventers and show jumpers will join Ireland's para equestrian team which secured a place at the Paralympic Games for the first time in January, bringing the total equestrian representation in London to at least nine riders.
Although Ireland's two show jumpers will compete as individuals, the three eventing riders will compete as a team in the team competition. In addition, Ireland has secured the second reserve position in dressage, along with the first and third positions on the reserve list for eventing.
This gives Ireland a chance of increasing its representation in eventing up to the maximum of five riders if any of the 75 qualifiers are unable to compete at the games.
A full list of the qualified nations is available below
Other related articles:
- Duffy helps Europe to team gold in China MAYO'S MICHAEL DUFFY 20-August-2014
- Team gold and individual silver for Irish junior eventers IRELAND successfully 17-August-2014
- In this week's Irish Horse World In this week's Irish 16-August-2014
- Irish WEG show jumping squad confirmed HORSE Sport Ireland Show 11-August-2014
- Grand Prix win for Bertram Allen Despite being up 11-August-2014
- Springsteen wins for USA ROCK 07-August-2014
- 19-year-old Bertram Allen named for Aga Khan SHOW 07-August-2014
- Twomey out, Kenny in for Aga Khan squad IRISH show jumping 06-August-2014
- SIX OF WORLD'S TOP 10 RIDERS CONFIRMED FOR DUBLIN A formidable list of 05-August-2014
- In this week's Irish Horse World (August 2nd) Inside The 01-August-2014