Five places confirmed for London
An eventing team of at least three riders and two individual show jumping riders will represent Ireland at the London Olympics following confirmation of the allocation of places yesterday by the FEI.
These eventers and show jumpers will join Ireland's para equestrian team which secured a place at the Paralympic Games for the first time in January, bringing the total equestrian representation in London to at least nine riders.
Although Ireland's two show jumpers will compete as individuals, the three eventing riders will compete as a team in the team competition. In addition, Ireland has secured the second reserve position in dressage, along with the first and third positions on the reserve list for eventing.
This gives Ireland a chance of increasing its representation in eventing up to the maximum of five riders if any of the 75 qualifiers are unable to compete at the games.
A full list of the qualified nations is available below
Other related articles:
- In this week's Irish Horse World IN THIS WEEK'S IRISH 19-September-2014
- Splaine names Arezzo Nations Cup team IRISH 18-September-2014
- In this week's Irish Horse World In this week's Irish 12-September-2014
- WEG 2014: Allen finishes seventh in world 08-September-2014
- In this week's Irish Horse World IN THIS WEEK'S IRISH 05-September-2014
- WEG 2014: Crunch time for Team Ireland THE 04-September-2014
- WEG 2014: Allen beats the best 02-September-2014
- WEG 2014: Bertram Allen talks about his clear round 02-September-2014
- WEG 2014: Show jumping begins tomorrow THE 01-September-2014
- WEG 2014: Irish eventers book Rio Olympics place EVENTING - IRELAND GRABS 31-August-2014