Five places confirmed for London
An eventing team of at least three riders and two individual show jumping riders will represent Ireland at the London Olympics following confirmation of the allocation of places yesterday by the FEI.
These eventers and show jumpers will join Ireland's para equestrian team which secured a place at the Paralympic Games for the first time in January, bringing the total equestrian representation in London to at least nine riders.
Although Ireland's two show jumpers will compete as individuals, the three eventing riders will compete as a team in the team competition. In addition, Ireland has secured the second reserve position in dressage, along with the first and third positions on the reserve list for eventing.
This gives Ireland a chance of increasing its representation in eventing up to the maximum of five riders if any of the 75 qualifiers are unable to compete at the games.
A full list of the qualified nations is available below
Other related articles:
- Splaine names Aga Khan squad HORSE Sport 21-July-2014
- Splaine names Aachen Nations Cup squad IRISH 09-July-2014
- In this week's Irish Horse World Inside this week's 04-July-2014
- Trevor Breen wins Hickstead Derby TIPPERARY native Trevor 29-June-2014
- Splaine names his WEG contenders IRISH show jumping team 23-June-2014
- In this week's Irish Horse World In this week's Irish 20-June-2014
- Stallion owners reach consensus with HSI Heading: Stallion owners 20-June-2014
- Splaine names Rotterdam Nations Cup team 19-June-2014
- World Equestrian Games eventing squad named Nick 18-June-2014
- Irish win Nations Cup at Spruce Meadows AN Irish team claimed 14-June-2014