Five places confirmed for London
An eventing team of at least three riders and two individual show jumping riders will represent Ireland at the London Olympics following confirmation of the allocation of places yesterday by the FEI.
These eventers and show jumpers will join Ireland's para equestrian team which secured a place at the Paralympic Games for the first time in January, bringing the total equestrian representation in London to at least nine riders.
Although Ireland's two show jumpers will compete as individuals, the three eventing riders will compete as a team in the team competition. In addition, Ireland has secured the second reserve position in dressage, along with the first and third positions on the reserve list for eventing.
This gives Ireland a chance of increasing its representation in eventing up to the maximum of five riders if any of the 75 qualifiers are unable to compete at the games.
A full list of the qualified nations is available below
Other related articles:
- WEG 2014: Show jumping begins tomorrow THE 01-September-2014
- WEG 2014: Irish eventers book Rio Olympics place EVENTING - IRELAND GRABS 31-August-2014
- WEG 2014: Olympic qualification in sight for eventers IRELAND is in sight of 31-August-2014
- In this week's Irish Horse World IN THIS WEEK'S IRISH 29-August-2014
- WEG 2014: Irish eventing team named 27-August-2014
- WEG 2014: Irish update IRELAND began the first 25-August-2014
- WEG 2014: Britain leads para dressage WEG 25-August-2014
- WEG 2014: Germany leads dressage, Ireland 15th after day 1 DRESSAGE team riders 25-August-2014
- Irish assault on WEG 2014 begins tomorrow IRELAND kicks off its 24-August-2014
- Duffy helps Europe to team gold in China MAYO'S MICHAEL DUFFY 20-August-2014