Five places confirmed for London
An eventing team of at least three riders and two individual show jumping riders will represent Ireland at the London Olympics following confirmation of the allocation of places yesterday by the FEI.
These eventers and show jumpers will join Ireland's para equestrian team which secured a place at the Paralympic Games for the first time in January, bringing the total equestrian representation in London to at least nine riders.
Although Ireland's two show jumpers will compete as individuals, the three eventing riders will compete as a team in the team competition. In addition, Ireland has secured the second reserve position in dressage, along with the first and third positions on the reserve list for eventing.
This gives Ireland a chance of increasing its representation in eventing up to the maximum of five riders if any of the 75 qualifiers are unable to compete at the games.
A full list of the qualified nations is available below
Other related articles:
- O'Shea wins $25,000 Wellington Grand Prix 24-April-2014
- Ireland's pony riders take European bronze THE four-strong Irish 23-April-2014
- In this week's paper (April 19th) In 11-April-2014
- Nations Cup eventing and show jumping teams named 08-April-2014
- Irish score all over Europe IRISH 06-April-2014
- In this week's paper (April 5th) In this week's Irish 04-April-2014
- Record 72 nations to contest Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games AN 01-April-2014
- Moloney second in $500,000 Grand Prix 30-March-2014
- In this week's paper (March 29th) MORE than 200 people 28-March-2014
- Irish show jumpers join #nomakeupselfie craze 26-March-2014