Five places confirmed for London
An eventing team of at least three riders and two individual show jumping riders will represent Ireland at the London Olympics following confirmation of the allocation of places yesterday by the FEI.
These eventers and show jumpers will join Ireland's para equestrian team which secured a place at the Paralympic Games for the first time in January, bringing the total equestrian representation in London to at least nine riders.
Although Ireland's two show jumpers will compete as individuals, the three eventing riders will compete as a team in the team competition. In addition, Ireland has secured the second reserve position in dressage, along with the first and third positions on the reserve list for eventing.
This gives Ireland a chance of increasing its representation in eventing up to the maximum of five riders if any of the 75 qualifiers are unable to compete at the games.
A full list of the qualified nations is available below
Other related articles:
- Claremorris startlist The 17-May-2013
- Clare startlist There are two legs of 12-April-2013
- Mullingar startlist The HSI/Bluegrass Spring 12-April-2013
- Wexford EC startlist Wexford Equestrian 01-March-2013
- Irish-bred eventers and show jumpers Due to limited space, 01-March-2013
- Cavan EC startlist The third leg of the 22-February-2013
- Gain and Glanbia sign up Gain 22-February-2013
- Nations Cup news FEI 15-February-2013
- Wexford startlists The startlists for the 15-February-2013
- Ballinamona startlists The startlists for the 15-February-2013