Coyle on target in Leipzig
Trevor Coyle chalked up Ireland's first victory of the weekend at the five-star World Cup show in Leipzig, Germany, when taking the trophy in the feature class on Thursday night.
The 53-year-old jumped Alexander Lebon's French mare Jubilee d'Ouilly into first place in the 1.45m speed class with a clear in 54.04 seconds. Current world number one rider, Sweden's Rolf-Göran Bengtsson, and Ab 19 Chianti were second in 54.17, while Billy Twomey and Sally Lane's Wings Sublieme were ninth in 60.53.
The last-named partnership were closer to the top in Friday morning's 1.45m accumulator when sixth in 51.26. Victory went to French rider Simon Delestre (Quiness Du Mezel) in 47.63.
Denis Lynch is also in action the show and finished ninth in this evening's 1.45m speed class when clear in 54.87 on Abbervail Van Het Dingeshof. Germany's Rene Tebbel (Kolibri's Firebird) won the class in 51.23.
The three riders will be hoping to make an impact in Leipzig's World Cup Grand Prix on Sunday afternoon.
Other related articles:
- In this week's paper (April 19th) In 11-April-2014
- Nations Cup eventing and show jumping teams named 08-April-2014
- Irish score all over Europe IRISH 06-April-2014
- In this week's paper (April 5th) In this week's Irish 04-April-2014
- Record 72 nations to contest Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games AN 01-April-2014
- Moloney second in $500,000 Grand Prix 30-March-2014
- In this week's paper (March 29th) MORE than 200 people 28-March-2014
- Irish show jumpers join #nomakeupselfie craze 26-March-2014
- Crowd expected for sport horse strategy meeting By 26-March-2014
- Ireland qualifies team for pony European Championships on home soil IRELAND has qualified a 23-March-2014