Coyle on target in Leipzig
Trevor Coyle chalked up Ireland's first victory of the weekend at the five-star World Cup show in Leipzig, Germany, when taking the trophy in the feature class on Thursday night.
The 53-year-old jumped Alexander Lebon's French mare Jubilee d'Ouilly into first place in the 1.45m speed class with a clear in 54.04 seconds. Current world number one rider, Sweden's Rolf-Göran Bengtsson, and Ab 19 Chianti were second in 54.17, while Billy Twomey and Sally Lane's Wings Sublieme were ninth in 60.53.
The last-named partnership were closer to the top in Friday morning's 1.45m accumulator when sixth in 51.26. Victory went to French rider Simon Delestre (Quiness Du Mezel) in 47.63.
Denis Lynch is also in action the show and finished ninth in this evening's 1.45m speed class when clear in 54.87 on Abbervail Van Het Dingeshof. Germany's Rene Tebbel (Kolibri's Firebird) won the class in 51.23.
The three riders will be hoping to make an impact in Leipzig's World Cup Grand Prix on Sunday afternoon.
Other related articles:
- Claremorris startlist The 17-May-2013
- Clare startlist There are two legs of 12-April-2013
- Mullingar startlist The HSI/Bluegrass Spring 12-April-2013
- Wexford EC startlist Wexford Equestrian 01-March-2013
- Irish-bred eventers and show jumpers Due to limited space, 01-March-2013
- Cavan EC startlist The third leg of the 22-February-2013
- Gain and Glanbia sign up Gain 22-February-2013
- Nations Cup news FEI 15-February-2013
- Wexford startlists The startlists for the 15-February-2013
- Ballinamona startlists The startlists for the 15-February-2013