Coyle on target in Leipzig
Trevor Coyle chalked up Ireland's first victory of the weekend at the five-star World Cup show in Leipzig, Germany, when taking the trophy in the feature class on Thursday night.
The 53-year-old jumped Alexander Lebon's French mare Jubilee d'Ouilly into first place in the 1.45m speed class with a clear in 54.04 seconds. Current world number one rider, Sweden's Rolf-Göran Bengtsson, and Ab 19 Chianti were second in 54.17, while Billy Twomey and Sally Lane's Wings Sublieme were ninth in 60.53.
The last-named partnership were closer to the top in Friday morning's 1.45m accumulator when sixth in 51.26. Victory went to French rider Simon Delestre (Quiness Du Mezel) in 47.63.
Denis Lynch is also in action the show and finished ninth in this evening's 1.45m speed class when clear in 54.87 on Abbervail Van Het Dingeshof. Germany's Rene Tebbel (Kolibri's Firebird) won the class in 51.23.
The three riders will be hoping to make an impact in Leipzig's World Cup Grand Prix on Sunday afternoon.
Other related articles:
- Lennon lands Portugese Grand Prix DERMOTT Lennon won the 10-March-2014
- In the March 8th edition In the Irish Horse World 07-March-2014
- Splaine names team for Florida IRISH Show Jumping 27-February-2014
- In the February 22nd edition 21-February-2014
- Breen just denied in Hong Kong IRISH 21-February-2014
- Lansdowne and Swail eighth in world 21-February-2014
- Ballindenisk granted Nations Cup THE FEI has awarded a 20-February-2014
- In this week's paper (February 15th) 14-February-2014
- Pre-entry system for Studbook Series THE Irish Sport Horse 14-February-2014
- Dunphy appointed to dressage role WITH the European Pony 14-February-2014